River Training and Erosion Control
Open Stone Asphalt (OSA)
For control of erosion by strong river currents at bridge abutments, and adjacent to infrastructure. OSA can withstand flows in excess of 8 m/s.
Asphalt-Reinforced Geotextiles (Geomat DM20)
A lighter material that limits bed and slope erosion. It is used for upgrading channels to maintain the line of flow, particularly in areas of light, sandy soil:
- The bound asphalt & vegetation resists erosion from water velocities up to 6 m/s (short-term) and up to 4 m/s for periods in excess of 50 hours.
- Open texture allows vegetation to grow through rapidly
- Applicable for small sections of vulnerable channel as well as complete river diversions
For Geomat DM20 information please click on the links below:
- Geomat DM20 Standard – Properties
- Geomat DM20 – Storage & Installation Guide
- Geomat Presentation Slides
Profix Geotextile Mattresses
ProFix is a flexible erosion control system comprising of geotextiles and granular material. The simplicity of its construction means this fast and economical system can be installed virtually anywhere.The system is durable, permeable, and very flexible, allows plants to grow on it and does not harm the environment. Mattress manufacture is variable and adaptable, enabling bespoke erosion control solutions. It is an excellent alternative to reno-mattresses and concrete blocks, especially when placing underwater is required.
Please click on the links below to review recent projects: