Upgrading rock revetment with mastic grout – Megget Reservoir
The success of our approach is illustrated by our project at Megget Reservoir, Scotland where persistent damage to the rip-rap upstream face was demanding regular maintenance.
- Client decided a permanent solution was needed
- Hesselberg Hydro offered a design using bituminous grout
- Bituminous grouting favoured over other options after a detailed value planning study
- Hesselberg Hydro, in close co-operation with consulting engineers, RH Cuthbertson & Partners, carried out on-site trials and advised on mix designs and installation techniques
- Contract for main works, put out to open tender, was won by Hesselberg Hydro