Lean Sand Asphalt
Structure and Properties
- A greatly under filled mixture of sand and bitumen (4% of volume) with or without filler.
- Permeability is similar to the original sand.
- As workable as sand when hot.
- Cools to form bound material resistant to erosion and wash out.
- Can be placed above or below water
- A 3-D filter layer.
- Regulation of uneven surfaces.
- Filling small voids and cavities.
- Core material for reclamation bunds.
- Scour protection.
- Easy to store and place so suitable for emergency measures.